Saturday 25 June 2011

Farnham book signing

Today Saturday 25th June was my book signing in Farnham Waterstone's.
Incredibly I sold out of three of my five titles. You have to work hard on these occasions and it pays to tell everyone you grab that you are a brilliant author. They can make their own minds up as to that after they've bought a book. But you get to meet some interesting people and some bloody minded and rude ones as well. Female readers are easier to sell to, their other halves tend to tell you they "never read books", or have to ask the wife for permission to buy.

It was a lovely afternoon outside the shop and carnival day which reduced the number of buyers but as I nearly sold out I cannot grumble.

Now it's off to another selling date in Chichester. Watch this site.

My new novel Flanagan's legacy is now in the hands of the printers and we await the proof copy. I hope to launch it in August at the Selsey book fair and then have my big launch in Petersfield One Tree in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment